Starter pistol

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

John hemstock

Starter pistol

Post by John hemstock »

Could anybody advise me of the best starter pistol to shoot 10 metre. I am based in the UK so selection of pistols with second user prices. Also anything to avoid .Thanks.
John.
john.hemstock-at-ntlworld.com.48780.0
Mack

Re: Starter pistol

Post by Mack »

: Could anybody advise me of the best starter pistol to shoot 10 metre. I am based in the UK so selection of pistols with second user prices. Also anything to avoid .Thanks.
: John.
Look at the archives and you will see IZH-46M and Tau 7 coming up a lot. These are great "starter" guns that will shoot as well as guns 3X the cost. I know because I have yet to match my scores shot with the IZH after I got the Steyr LP10.
Enjoy

David Levene

Post by David Levene »

: Could anybody advise me of the best starter pistol to shoot 10 metre. I am based in the UK so selection of pistols with second user prices. Also anything to avoid .Thanks.
John, UK prices have no relationship to prices in the US (where the majority of TT posters are based). The types of pistols available also differ greatly. I have been shooting pistol in the UK for well over 20 years and have never seen an IZH let alone shot one.
Can I suggest that you would be better off asking this question on a UK based forum such as the one run by Neil Stirton. You will need to register for full access.

dalevene-at-blueyonder.co.uk.48795.48780
Andy Smith

Post by Andy Smith »

: John.
John,
York Guns were selling IZH46, although I have never tried one. I think they were around £300.
Most people that I know have started with either a Gamo Compact(plastic with a slightly flimsy and creepy trigger but surprisingly accurate) or a FAS604 pricey secondhand, £250 plus and hard to find, but, lovely trigger and nicely made although occasionally they need new seals. Blackpool Air rifles has just started to sell FAS.
Alternative is FWB65 which should go for £200 ish in good order. Acurate and well made but a bit old fashioned.
Rohm Twinmaster is also popular.
Personally I would go for the FAS if you can find a good one at the right money.
Good luck
Andy Smith
andy-at-smith2377.freeserve.co.uk.48809.48780