advice on stock mods - mo grip needed

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

steve b.

advice on stock mods - mo grip needed

Post by steve b. »

hello all, i have a mcmillan fiberglass stock and want to make the grip area more rough textured.. is there a grip tape or paste that works well..?
s.
seaton

Re: advice on stock mods - mo grip needed

Post by seaton »

i have sprayed such stocks with black 'crackle' paint to good effect, avail in spray cans @ your local automotive parts house or paint store. if more grip is needed then 'no slip' deck paint can be used . its paint with fine sand mixed in.
garunteed not to slip! LOL

hello all, i have a mcmillan fiberglass stock and want to make the grip area more rough textured.. is there a grip tape or paste that works well..?
: s.

Len

Post by Len »

Seaton offers some good adivice.
Some things I have done.
Rustoleum makes and anti slip additive that you can add to paint, primer, or clear coat. It works pretty good but it's pretty sharp on the hand.
There is a crafting store called Michael's by me. It has all kinds and colors of "textured" spray paint. That works very well.
Lastly some skateboard shops sell "deck tape"...it's antislip black stuff...you can custom cut that to fit your needs.
Ed Knutson

Post by Ed Knutson »

Steve:
Brownells Gunsmithing Supply sells "Spray Grit" in aerosol cans. It comes I believe in clear and colors as well. Easy to use and works really well as you can mask of any shape you want and apply it. Very durable as well.
Ed Knutson