TargetTalk

A forum to talk about Olympic style shooting, rifle or pistol, 10 meters to 50 meters, and whatever is in between. Hosted by Pilkguns.com
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ewing scope stand.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:07 am 
Sometime ago there was a post on ultra light Ewing scope stands. Does anyony have any info? Thank you, David.
DSchrankjr-at-aol.com.48684.0

Post subject: Re: Ewing scope stand.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:33 am 
I am pretty sure that was Eric Uptagraft saying his uncle makes them. I don't think I have seen Eric post lately though. At the time I think he said Pilkington's were going to bring some to Camp Perry. You might try Pilkington's and see if they can point you to them.
pdeal-at-mylanlabs.com.48687.48684

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:51 am 
We do have a couple here...
Warren

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:17 am 
David,
I had a special batch of lightweight Ewing's Scope Stands made up early last year (everything the same dimensions as the high-power stands, but the base and rods are made of aluminum). I didn't have much luck selling them myself, and had Warren (from Pilkington's) take them to Perry. He sold 5 of the 7 there. He may still have a couple left.
I've been using a lightweight version for years, and wouldn't travel any other way (I mostly fly). I'm actually going to try something new this season...Ewing's sniper scope base (ultra light weight), and a Kowa TSN-601 scope. I've been lugging my old Kowa TSN-1 around for about 10 years, and it is a little long in the tooth. Anymore, shooting on electronic targets, I don't need to see bullet holes, just mirage. I'm hoping to save 3-4 pounds with this new arrangement. I wouldn't try the sniper base with the TSN-1, since it would surely tip over.
More than you wanted to know...
Eric

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:22 pm 
: We do have a couple here...
: Warren

newzone9090-at-yahoo.com.48759.48726