side blinders - diagram ?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

jim cruise

side blinders - diagram ?

Post by jim cruise »

Does anyone have diagrams of an interpretation of the ISSF new rules on side blinders and covers for the non-aiming eye please.
jim.cruise-at-epa.qld.gov.au.48659.0
Mark.

Re: side blinders - diagram ?

Post by Mark. »

: Does anyone have diagrams of an interpretation of the ISSF new rules on side blinders and covers for the non-aiming eye please.
I'll try to post a picture here, in addition to the e-mail received from the ISSF clarifying the dimensional restrictions on side blinders.
OK, I've been trying for a while now to upload my picture file to an image server with no luck, so I'll describe what dimension Y is in a pictogram below. I'll try later to publish the actual picture I provided to the ISSF in order to obtain this clarification.

Mark.
Pictorial representation of a left side blinder as it would appear if you were looking at the left side of the shooters face as he/she looks downrange, with the targets off your left shoulder.
<---toward target
|----------------- -
| / |
| / Dimension Y (vertical height)
| / | which was described as
| / | "deep" or "depth"
|------------ _
<- dimension X ->
==============e-mail from ISSF Pasted Below - edited to protect privacy =======
----- Original Message -----
To:
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2004 4:03 AM
Subject: AW: ISSF Rule Changes for 2004 - Clarification Requested

Dear Mr. Name removed to protect privacy,
In response to your email concerning blinders Mr. Fritz Schattleitner, member ISSF Technical Committee, has informed me that the dimension is the "y".
Deep refers to the vertical dimension.
With best regards
Franz Schreiber
ISSF Headquarters
munich@issf-shooting.org
www.issf-shooting.org

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Von:
Gesendet: Dienstag, 13. Januar 2004 02:52
An: Franz Schreiber
Betreff: ISSF Rule Changes for 2004 - Clarification Requested

Mr.Wolfgang Schreiber Editor ISSF News and Technical Coordination
Dear Wolfgang:
This communication is in regard to the recent ISSF announcement of changes to rules regarding equipment, that have gone into effect 01 January, 2004 in accordance with the official announcement per the following URL:
http://www.issfnews.com/Pictures/articl ... e_2004.pdf
After several discussions within the ranks of Canadian shooters, it has become apparent that there is no clear interpretation of one rule effecting side blinders. The ruling reads, "Side blinders attached to the hat, cap, shooting glasses, or to a headband, not exceeding 40mm deep, are permitted. These blinders must not extend further forward than to a line from the center of the forehead."
The element of this rule which has been called into question is the interpretation of the term deep. Some believe this is a vertical measurement, while others believe it to be a measurement in the horizontal plane. Since the ISSF is a multi-national, multi-lingual organisation, there is a possibility the original intent of the rule has been lost through translation and may further be adversely effected by interpretation of the translation by match officials. Since a picture is an expression in a universal language, I've attached a picture of shooting glasses which clearly shows the side blinder. Marked on the blinder are the dimensions "X" and "Y".
Would you please obtain from the Technical Committee of the ISSF a clear interpretation of the rules in the form of a statement identifying whether it is dimension "X" or dimension "Y" which is limited to 40mm? Once this clarification is obtained it would be most helpful for I will disseminate your technical confirmation to the various Canadian shooting organisations such that the Canadian shooters may adequately prepare themselves for equipment check at upcoming matches both in Canada and Internationally. Since the ISSF World Cups are upcoming in Bangkok, Thailand and Sydney, Australia in February, 2004, time is obviously of the essence, and, as such, your timely response to the above query will be much appreciated.

Mark.

Re: this site edits out spaces, can't draw a diagram

Post by Mark. »

Sorry, my diagram didn't work as this site took out all the extra spaces I had inserted as place holders in the diagram. I'll continue to try to post the real JPG image. If anybody can give me directions to an image server that's working, I'd be much obliged. (Frutsel isn't working right now)
Mark.
Len

Post by Len »

I just posted some pics to it, it's working ok from my computer. If you want e-mail the pictures...shoot out the xxxx's
len_richmond-at-XXXyahoo.com.48670.48669
Mark.

Post by Mark. »

Thanks for your kind offer, Len. Please check your e-mail and post the pic when able.
(This is the great thing about folks in the shooting sports - there's never any shortage of people willing to help out a fellow shooter in need!)

Mark.

Len

Picture of the side binder

Post by Len »

TJ

Re: Picture of the side binder

Post by TJ »

So what size is the x and y?

shootingsports-at-ev1.net.48678.48676
Mark.

Post by Mark. »

: So what size is the x and y?
TJ - take a read through the thread, all the info's there. X is unlimited, Y is limited to 40mm.
TJ

Post by TJ »

: : So what size is the x and y?
: TJ - take a read through the thread, all the info's there. X is unlimited, Y is limited to 40mm.

Thanks Mark. I guess I missed it. I will go back an read.
Lots of stuff to read, no time!

shootingsports-at-ev1.net.48680.48679
jim cruise

Post by jim cruise »

Many thanks for your help gentlemen; I'm assuming that the cover for the non-aiming eye is similar in that x value (width/horizontal) is 30mm and there is no value for y (height/vertical).

jim.cruise-at-epa.qld.gov.au.48815.48676