Holding a good position in 10 m rifle and best books or vide

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

kimie

Holding a good position in 10 m rifle and best books or vide

Post by kimie »

I am new to shooting and what is the best position to start feet, eyes,lenght of time of shot and best training aid.
kimiej-at-iland.net.48631.0
Pat McCoy

Re: Holding a good position in 10 m rifle and best books or

Post by Pat McCoy »

: I am new to shooting and what is the best position to start feet, eyes,lenght of time of shot and best training aid.

To start with, try holding the rifle in position without any target put up. Let the rifle settle wherever it wants to, and see how still the front sight sits. That is how well you hold, npw you must adjust your position so the front sight is setting that steady around the bull.

patmccoyagency-at-wyoming.com.48632.48631
Bob

Post by Bob »

The CD-ROM "Rifle Safety and Marksmanship Training" should be helpful and has a remarkably handsome narrator/coach LOL!
CMP has it, so it is cheap too.
mark

Post by mark »

: I am new to shooting and what is the best position to start feet, eyes,lenght of time of shot and best training aid.

mander6334-at-aol.com.48641.48631
mark

Post by mark »

Pilkguns has the book "Ways of the Rifle", it is one of the best on information you want, cost is about $45.
Mark
mander6334-at-aol.com.48642.48631
Jim Morris

Post by Jim Morris »

I have both the CD ROM from CMP and the book "Ways of the Rifle". Say the $15 from the CD and buy the book "Ways of the Rifle". It is some much better, that there is no comparison.
The CD is useful only if you have no one to show you even the most basic things. The safety info is very generic, a hunter safety class would be better.
Jim
jmorris_3-at-yahoo.com.48665.48631