Electronic trigger on Walther KK200

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Spike

Electronic trigger on Walther KK200

Post by Spike »

I'd like to have info about this system.
Is it reliable?
Since Walther is now producing the KK300 with a different trigger(mecanical only) mec.,
are they able to do the maintenance on this system?
Thanks
Spike

Jim

Re: Electronic trigger on Walther KK200

Post by Jim »

Hi Spike,
Consider this: the Walther Free pistol with electronic trigger is perhaps the biggest lemon in free pistol history. Its electronic trigger was a disaster, and they never figured out how to fix it. A good number of shooters bought these only to be abandoned by Walther! There are people out there right now stuck with these $2100+ wall hangers. :-( Even worse, a lot of shooters are now suspicious of all electronic triggers, even though those by Morini and Hammerli perform admirably. I'd seriously check into the reliability of this AP and the service prospect, but I wouldn'd hold my breathe. Better yet, save your $$$, and buy a Morini Air pistol with a great electronic trigger and even better factory/dealer support.
Just my 2 cents,
Jim

james.buckland-at-converse.edu.48715.48623
Mark

Post by Mark »

Wow, you've stumbled on quite possibly one of the worst buys in free pistol history! To answer your questions, it's not reliable and if it breaks, even Walther doesn't know how to fix it! IIRC, about last year, someone with some electrical knowledge contacted Walther about getting a schematic so he could fix it himself and was told that they couldn't even find one.
Definitely not the hot ticket.
: I'd like to have info about this system.
: Is it reliable?
: Since Walther is now producing the KK300 with a different trigger(mecanical only) mec.,
: are they able to do the maintenance on this system?
: Thanks
: Spike

Mark

whoops! If you're talking about the free rifle, disregard th

Post by Mark »

: Wow, you've stumbled on quite possibly one of the worst buys in free pistol history! To answer your questions, it's not reliable and if it breaks, even Walther doesn't know how to fix it! IIRC, about last year, someone with some electrical knowledge contacted Walther about getting a schematic so he could fix it himself and was told that they couldn't even find one.
: Definitely not the hot ticket.
: : I'd like to have info about this system.
: : Is it reliable?
: : Since Walther is now producing the KK300 with a different trigger(mecanical only) mec.,
: : are they able to do the maintenance on this system?
: : Thanks
: : Spike

Spike

How about the one on their rifles?

Post by Spike »

It seems that this system isn't well appreciated
How about the one on their rifles??
Richard

Post by Richard »

I have a Walther Free Pistol with an electronic trigger that still works.
: Wow, you've stumbled on quite possibly one of the worst buys in free pistol history! To answer your questions, it's not reliable and if it breaks, even Walther doesn't know how to fix it! IIRC, about last year, someone with some electrical knowledge contacted Walther about getting a schematic so he could fix it himself and was told that they couldn't even find one.
: Definitely not the hot ticket.
: : I'd like to have info about this system.
: : Is it reliable?
: : Since Walther is now producing the KK300 with a different trigger(mecanical only) mec.,
: : are they able to do the maintenance on this system?
: : Thanks
: : Spike

Troy

Re: How about the one on their rifles?

Post by Troy »

The electronic system on the rifle,in my experience has been great. I wouldn't shoot with anything other than the electronic trigger, given a choice.