New Yahoo Olympic Shooting group!!!

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Michael Douglass

New Yahoo Olympic Shooting group!!!

Post by Michael Douglass »

Today I created a group for Olympic Shooting on Yahoo. I am by no means a techno-savy person, so this creation is more of an experiment than anything. I guess we'll all have to see how it goes. I am really looking forward to the "CHAT" feature to see what kind of interaction come about from it...please give the below link a try. I did set it as requiring to be a member to attempt to keep out the immature/obnoxious teenagers that have nothing better to do than harass people via the web ; )
Hopefully the more people that sign up, the better the group will become.
Please send me any comments via the group message or email features. Thanks,
Mike Douglass
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/olympicshooting
Mako

That's 2000 US Air Pistol Champion Michael Douglass

Post by Mako »

Mike ... what are you doing shooting wise these days ? Seems like you might have dropped out for a while ... to have a real life? :-)

makofoto-at-earthlink.net.48545.48538
Chris

Question (kinda personal I guess)

Post by Chris »

How come you didn't try out for Olympics this time around?
Michael Douglass

Re: New Yahoo Olympic Shooting group!!!

Post by Michael Douglass »

Well, to answer the qestions asked, I quit because of some family issues and I also felt I was not improving as I desired. I also thought it was about time for me move onto something else. So, I moved into the field of law enforcement and I am enjoying it very much.
Anyway, I did shoot the Top Gun Match this year for fun. Despite being the first one out of the final then with an 8.7 I did shoot some good scores. But I am a recreational shooter now ;)
Eventually I will do some coaching maybe.
But for now I am going to try my hand at stuff like the Yahoo Group I created.
Once again, be patient, it is a work in progress.
Mike Douglass
Mako

And 2000 Sydney Olympian ... .nt

Post by Mako »

: Mike ... what are you doing shooting wise these days ? Seems like you might have dropped out for a while ... to have a real life? :-)

makofoto-at-earthlink.net.48551.48545
Mike Schroeder

Re: New Yahoo Olympic Shooting group!!!

Post by Mike Schroeder »

But for now I am going to try my hand at stuff like the Yahoo Group I created.

Hi Mike
I'm on Yahoo's Long Range Rifle and TC-L (Thompson Contenders). FYI they're both down right now due to a virus, and this one isn't. Not being well versed in making and using a website I don't know details, but I think some kind of lesson is there to be learned.
Have fun shooting.
Mike
Wichita KS

mschroeder5-at-cox.net.48575.48548
Eric C.

Welcome to "the Family"...

Post by Eric C. »

Hey Michael,
It's good to know that I'm not the only one that lost a lot of practice time to family and a career in law enfocement. Although I never achieved the level you did, I still miss a lot about International Shooting sports. I basically hit a plateau just after my last collegiate pistol nationals. At least I got few medals and the ability to say I was on the national development team.
I still shoot a lot. I am a firearms instructor for my agency, plus I started hunting a few years ago. Another reason I dropped out was the ridiculous expense to travel to matches, and then getting the leave to travel from work. Talk about a deal breaker! I do enjoy my career, and stay so busy that I hardly get a chance to think about "recreational" shooting.
Stay safe in your Law Enforcement endeavors!
Later,
Eric C.
Collegiate Airpistol Champion
Collegiate All-American