"Preliminary" vs "Reserve" vs "Final" creep

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Tal

"Preliminary" vs "Reserve" vs "Final" creep

Post by Tal »

(not to harp on this, but i'm still adjusting the trigger on my IZH)
So I'm trying to figure out the order of all this. here's my guesses so far:
preliminary creep = how far trigger moves before full weight kicks in
...and next comes...
reserve creep = how far trigger moves (now under full weight) before shot breaks
..and next comes...
final creep = how far trigger moves after shot breaks, before you can't pull the trigger any farther.
...and i'm guessing the "two stage" refers to (preliminary+reserve)=stage one, final=stage two?
Am I right on any of this? (And for bonus credit-- can you tell me which way to turn the A,B,C, etc screws in that diagram to INCREASE any of these creeps? Is it always clockwise=more creep, or is it different depending on what screw you turn?)
this is kinda maddening to figure out by trial and error, and the manual (and even that diagram picture) doesn't help all the way.
Thanx for any help!!

Len

Some confusion on the translation

Post by Len »

I'm more familiar with the terms 1st stage, second stage, and overtravel and have wondered if this is what they mean by that.
Your definitions seem about right for either case.
here's a link in the "FAQ" section that describes there where and why's

GaryN

my interpretation from the diagram

Post by GaryN »

Here is my interpretation from looking at the IZH46 trigger adjustment doc in the TenP files
http://www.pilkguns.com/tenp/spizh46.htm
Screw F (preliminary creep) is 1st stage travel
Screw B (final creep) is 2nd stage travel
Screw A (reserve trigger creep) appears to be "over travel" or how much the trigger travels AFTER the trigger releases.
For these 3 screws, 1 try on each screw would tell you which way the adjustment works. Just write it in your manual, so you don't forget.
Gary