World's worse case of chicken finger....or maybe not....

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Mack

World's worse case of chicken finger....or maybe not....

Post by Mack »

I normally suffer from chicken finger, so having to abort several times to get a shot off is not a big deal. Well, today while shooting in the 3X AP match at the OTC, on the 56th target I suffered the dreaded chicken finger to the max or so I thought. You see after I couldn't get the shot off after 12 attempts I was starting to sweat buckets. Well, I took a chance and recocked the AP. Next attempt the shot went off quickly. The rest of the shots also went off very quickly. You guessed it, I apparently didn't cock the darn thing. Funny now but not then! I mentioned this to a member of the USAMU and he said that when he shot the Steyr, he had this happen several times. Next time I'll know. However, I may have developed my own cure for chicken finger. Pull on the trigger with all your might for several minutes and the trigger will become really light from then on. :-)
Jerry LeVan

Welcome to the club...

Post by Jerry LeVan »

While I am not a competition shooter, I have had the same problem in the past ( and probable future). After a while you think that your trigger finger must have turned to stone, your heart rate goes up and you feel like flinging the pistol at the target :)
--Jerry
Mack

It would hit high right at 2 o'clock...NT

Post by Mack »

: While I am not a competition shooter, I have had the same problem in the past ( and probable future). After a while you think that your trigger finger must have turned to stone, your heart rate goes up and you feel like flinging the pistol at the target :)
: --Jerry

Alex

Re...chicken finger.....

Post by Alex »

I know exactly what you mean!!
If you are using the Steyr LP10, amy I suggest that after the 2nd attempt, pull back the lever for dry-firing,and have a few dry-firing shots, then go back to live firing.
If that does not work, put the gun down, sit down, and rest for a few moments, then start dry-firing a couple of shots, and then shoot normally.
Hope this helps. Dry fining during the competition is permitted - as long as no gas/air escapes.
lizlace-at-bigpond.com.48489.48479
Alex

Re...chicken finger.....

Post by Alex »

I know exactly what you mean!!
If you are using the Steyr LP10, amy I suggest that after the 2nd attempt, pull back the lever for dry-firing,and have a few dry-firing shots, then go back to live firing.
If that does not work, put the gun down, sit down, and rest for a few moments, then start dry-firing a couple of shots, and then shoot normally.
Hope this helps. Dry fining during the competition is permitted - as long as no gas/air escapes.
lizlace-at-bigpond.com.48490.48479