Trousers - More

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

David Levene

Trousers - More

Post by David Levene »

In Gary Anderson's letter he clearly states "A decision has been made to eliminate special shooting trousers".
There is now comment from a group of coaches on the recent ISSF course that others on the relevant ISSF bodies have stated privately that the decision will not be made until the Administrative Council meeting in April.
Have the ISSF "jumped the gun" again.
dalevene-at-blueyonder.co.uk.48431.0
Joacim

Re: Trousers - More

Post by Joacim »

I checked a few sources after I saw Gary Anderson's letter and it seems like it is more the opinion of some of the top people within ISSF and it is not decided at all. The meeting will be held on April 19th and everyone still have their chance to voice their opinion.
The head of the technical committee is David Parish at davidparish@onetel.net.uk
Mrs. Pauline Pilkington from Canada is on the technical committee too mspp@oberon.ark.com
You can find more information on the technical committee at
http://www.issf-shooting.org/dyna/Commi ... =Technical

Marcus

Re: Trousers - More

Post by Marcus »

I Consolidated this from the ISSF News web site from Rajmond Debevec:
I’d like to know whether the published proposal is a personal opinion of the ISSF Vice President or the official proposal of the Executive Committee or simply the ready-made decision which is going to be just formally confirmed by the Administrative Council in April?
By my modest knowledge there wasn’t any proposal including ban of shooting trousers prepared by the Rifle Committee, as suppose to be done following the Constitution of the ISSF
My shooting colleagues and I have asked many times several ISSF officials a simple question - why do we need any changes?
We haven’t got any reasonable answer beside jokes about funny walking on to the firing line. By the way, I knew some not the most beautiful looking athletes winning Olympic medals. First funny walkers, then ugly faces, who is next?
It is a simple fact that we exclusively compete for best shooter and not any other "natural walking, beauty or whatever" contest.
Now you suddenly quote the 7.4.9 rule. If your pure intention is strictly to follow that rule "in order to assure that the performance skills of the shooters are not artificially improved by special clothing", you should have proposed beside a ban of special shooting trousers also a ban of special shooting jacket, a ban of special shooting boots, a ban of special shooting glove...
Mr. Anderson, is your goal to create a new sport from current rifle Olympic events, more alike archery, just a bit less attractive?
I’m afraid that this irrational proposal (I still don’t know the author of the idea, I can only presume, concerning your signature under the article, you at least support it) was done just for political-promotional purpose of unknown author to promote himself to the top ISSF administration or with such a "master-degree work" even towards IOC!?!
There were many arguments written by world top shooters, coaches and non-ISSF-body-member doctors within last year against proposed changes, but you and the ISSF Headquarters officials have never been sincere listening to them.
Mr. Anderson and ISSF bureaucrats, I presume you have enough power to push through voting of the ISSF bodies any idea you want without respecting any evidences of your opposition.
Is this a democracy?
With best regards,
Rajmond Debevec