A little help please?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Bob Foth

A little help please?

Post by Bob Foth »

I wanted to post the 3X rifle scores, but am not sure how to get the excel file into the message (like Len's nice score record) and I type s-l-o-w-l-y . . .
bobfoth-at-juno.com.48391.0
Len

Alt+printscreen, paste into MS paint, save as jpg

Post by Len »

Then post it someplace that hosts images. use the image url to post the picture of the spreadsheet.
Ed Hall

Re: A little help please?

Post by Ed Hall »

:
: I wanted to post the 3X rifle scores, but am not sure how to get the excel file into the message (like Len's nice score record) and I type s-l-o-w-l-y . . .
The picture route suggested would need a picture stored somewhere on the web with a link to it. Another suggestion is to use the html capabilities of the Board. I'll try to describe that method here, but unfortunately it may be somewhat confusing because if I actually give you the direct text it will format and you won't see it. So if you can bear with my clumsiness I'll see if I can explain a somewhat easy way. It will take a little work within Excel first. Also, at the bottom of this message I'll post a demo. If the demo looks bad then my explanantion isn't worth anything - it didn't work.
First insert new columns in front of each column currently in your spread sheet and make sure there's a blank column after the last column of data. Now comes the tricky definition portion. For all of the following consider the paretheses to be the corresponding "less than" and "greater than" symbols.
-Place (td) (remembering to swap to the "less/greater than" symbols) in the cells directly in front of the first column.
-Place (/td)(td) in all the cells between columns. Of course you can use the Excel Copy Down method here and the Copy and Paste to fill in other columns.
-Place (/td)(/tr) in all the cells of the column directly to the right of the last column.
-Go back to the extreme top left cell that should have (td) in it and add (table border)(tr) to the front of the (td) so it is now (table border)(tr)(td)
-Go to the extreme lower right cell which should have (/td)(/tr) and add (/table) such that the cell contains (/td)(/tr)(/table)
-Highlight the entire section of the excel sheet and Copy to the clipboard.
-Paste the clipboard into your message
If the bottom example is a table with a border then my instructions should work as long as you remember to use the "less/greater than" symbols in place of my parentheses above.
Example Table: (crossed fingers)
<table border><tr><td> 437.4 </td><td> 406.8 </td><td> 405.0 </td><td> 426.2 </td></tr>
<td> 425.4 </td><td> 406.1 </td><td> 402.3 </td><td> 427.3 </td></tr>
<td> 426.8 </td><td> 403.1 </td><td> 388.9 </td><td> 417.7 </td></tr>
<td> 430.0 </td><td> 405.6 </td><td> 389.8 </td><td> 411.6 </td></tr>
<td> 426.4 </td><td> 390.1 </td><td> 393.3 </td><td> 413.5 </td></tr>
<td> 418.6 </td><td> 393.2 </td><td> 385.1 </td><td> 399.6 </td></tr></table>
Take Care,
Ed Hall
<a href="http://www.airforceshooting.org/">http: ... ng.org/</a>
<a href="http://www.geocities.com/ed_ka2fwj/">ht ... ka2fwj/</a>

ed_ka2fwj-at-juno.com.48405.48391
Mark.

Re: Alt+printscreen, paste into MS paint, save as jpg

Post by Mark. »

: Then post it someplace that hosts images. use the image url to post the picture of the spreadsheet.
I'd appreciate suggestions as to "someplace" that hosts images (preferably zero cost as I prefer to save my bucks for guns & ammo!). I, too, would like to eventually post a pic or two here, but don't have a URL to which I can reference. Any help from the more computer-savvy would be greatly appreciated.

Mark.
Len

I use frutsel

Post by Len »

It's been running forever, it's free, there really doesn't seem to be a limit on how much you can store there, and it allows direct linking.
They ask for an e-mail address but I've never had a problem from them with spam...in fact I don't think they even really check, but I used a real one just in case.
Registration is account name, password twice, and e-mail that's all.
Stan Pace

Re: Alt+printscreen, paste into MS paint, save as jpg

Post by Stan Pace »

You could also:
Highlight just the spreadsheet cells you want, copy & paste into MS paint or any photo editing software you may have, save as jpg. That way, you won't have all the rest of the screen in the image.
Also, with your photo editing software, you can adjust the quality of the resulting image so the resulting file size is minimized.
Mark.

Re: I use frutsel

Post by Mark. »

Thanks, Len. Works like a charm!

Mark.