Anyone selling pistols?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Cole

Anyone selling pistols?

Post by Cole »

Looking for a pistol for a beginner. I borrowed my girlfriends izh-46 but I have to give it back in 2 weeks and will probably go through withdrawal. Not looking for a precharged unit as I dont have access to a tank to refill it at the moment. Thanks for any help. Ive been shooting at home for a few days and I think im hooked. This is for 10m air pistol BTW. Thanks.
hazard1234-at-hotmail.com.48244.0
Len

Re: Anyone selling pistols?

Post by Len »

You can also post a wanted ad here (see link)
make sure if you put your e-mail address you put a REMOVETHIS or something like it in it otherwise you will get a lot of spam.
akihmsa

Post by akihmsa »

Would you be interested in a FWB-90? This is a recoiless springer in very good - excellent condition with a wonderful electronic trigger. A friend of mine is selling it and I am going for a Tau7 as I like CO2 over the single pumper pnuematics or the side cocking springers. : You can also post a wanted ad here (see link)
: make sure if you put your e-mail address you put a REMOVETHIS or something like it in it otherwise you will get a lot of spam.

Cole

Post by Cole »

Thanks for the replies. I may be interested in the 90, send me an email with details and a good price and I'll get back to you.
hazardREMOVE1234-at-hotmail.com.48254.48251
akihmsa

Post by akihmsa »

HI Cole
I will get back to you and see if we can get a photo posted of the 90. It is a right hand grip and the grip has not been sanded or filed etc. : Thanks for the replies. I may be interested in the 90, send me an email with details and a good price and I'll get back to you.

Christopher

Post by Christopher »

FYI, if I'm not mistaken, the FWB 90 is essentially a FWB 65 with an electronic trigger, so if you want to know what it looks like, go have a look at the 65.
Cheers!

Len

FWB 90 Pictures

Post by Len »

Gary

FWB90

Post by Gary »

I think the M90 is a M80 with an electronic trigger.
Not that they don't have a STRONG family resemblance to the M65
Gary
Cole

Re: FWB90

Post by Cole »

Looks aside, how does the 90 perform? WOuld it be a good one to learn my basic skills with?
Len

Post by Len »

The FWB 90 is spring piston gun, not sure if the piston seal is leather or not...maybe on the knock offs.
It's a pretty good gun whos heritage lies in the 65/80.
Is it a good gun? Heck yeah...might it require a bit more effort to learn on, naw but again it's a spring piston gun, if the springs have set, if there's a problem, it's a bit more effort fixing it than a single stroke.
The recoil impulse is different, there are masses of metal moving this way and that way to make it do what it does.
Is that bad or good? who knows...that's up to you...but for me...I'd take a single stroke pnuem or a pcp gun of like heritage over it any day.
My order of preference
Single stroke or CA about equal
Co2 (bulbs are fine for me)
Spring piston

GaryN

Post by GaryN »

Cole
Why not just get an IZH-46 for yourself?
The 46 is a single stroke pnumatic (SSP). As a SSP it has less vibration than the spring piston FWB-90. The M90 is still a darn good pistol, but the spring piston technology has beeen outdated and replaced by SSP and CA. So while you can shoot good with the M90, it will be easier to shoot good with a SSP like the IZH-46.
Would I get a M90, yes, but only because I like some of the old spring guns. For serious shooting, I would go with a SSP, CO2 or CA.
Both the 46 or the 46M are available from our hosts Pilkington. And as the thread above said it is $275, not a bad price at all.
Also look at Pilkingtons used gun page, there are some good deal there.
Gary
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Thanks for the correction about the looks of the gun.
I'm familiar with the 65, 65MKI and the 80 as I 'grew up' with them.
As for the question as to whether the 90 would be a good TRAINING gun, I would probably have to say YES.
Compared to more modern guns like the 100/103, P34, LP1s etc, the old springers are somewhat more difficult to shoot and a little heavier with a higher bore line and centre-of-gravity. I'm not sure of the 90, but triggers on the 65's and 80's are also not as great as the modern guns.
For these reasons alone, they would make GREAT training guns as shooting them well would require more effort and definitely, more discipline! IMHO.
Sorry

This

Post by Sorry »

is just a test
IUETQWTYWJUE-at-spammotel.com.49382.48254