Need current prices Walther LGR, Diana 75 to1, etc.

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Joe Matusic, MD

Need current prices Walther LGR, Diana 75 to1, etc.

Post by Joe Matusic, MD »

I am planning on thinning my collection of airguns in the near future. Primary reason is to acquire a Falcon or Daystate FT gun and lack of consistent use.
I have a Walther LGR I acquired at the Ronaoke show this year. Really neat to shoot, unusual cocking method. Looks to be in 90% plus condition, comes with 2 extra cheek pieces to vary comb height. No papers or box. Works perfectly. Any idea of current fair market value?
I acquired an Diana 75 to1 2 or 3 years ago. I love shooting this piece. Nice walnut stock, clear front sight, 90% plus, no papers or box. Any idea of current fair market value?

I am only parting with the above as I have a P70 and Haenul Suhl B96 and have run out of room in the gun safe for rifles.
I have a original design pump, it has the original female threads and pressure gauge plus I have a DIN adapter to rhow in with it. $110 plus shipping.
Will need to sift through the rest to see what I want to part with. Perhaps a Daisy 91, Maybe my RIKA.
I will post pictures and details on my site when I am ready to sell. Hopefully in the next week or so.
Joe.Matusic-at-Camc.org.48147.0
Len

Re: Need current prices Walther LGR, Diana 75 to1, etc.

Post by Len »

Falcon...I have several and wouldn't really buy them again. I am not a great FT shooter, never intended to be but liked the gadget nature of FT shooting.
I would go with the Daystate CRX or even some of the "sporter models" before getting the Falcons.
As to fair market price, what did you pay for them? Did you think that was fair back then?
If it's the LGR from Strayhorn, it's about a $600 gun max. Most seem to have gone for about $650+ with the accesories. NIB on the classified someone is asking $895...not really a selling price, just an asking price. When you bought it two years ago, you were right, the cocking handle is a bit of a disadvantage. So is the seal assembly.
The 75 to 1 was a really neat gun in it's day, if at 90% I'd figure maybe $700+ for someone that was really into them.

Joe Matusic, MD

Re: Need current prices Walther LGR, Diana 75 to1, etc.

Post by Joe Matusic, MD »

Thanks. I have owned a 22 cal falcon 12n repeater and was somewhat happy with it. Really wanted it in .177 and walnut stock. I owned the CRX, but the dang thing was just too heavy. I am not going to be competitive in FT, just want FT accuracy at distance.
Thanks on the prices.

Joe.Matusic-at-Camc.org.48161.48149
Craig E.

hope this helps...a little

Post by Craig E. »

Joe,
Had a RWS 75 T 01 that I sold (to somebody in MO) with case, papers, test target etc. early in 2003 for around $550 I think. Probably needed new seals since it hadn't seen any use for about 15 years. BTW...the FWB 65 (from Roanoke) is shooting quite well. That's the pistol, not necessarily the shooter. Glad to have gotten it. Good luck with the selective "hoeing of the collection". Craig
: I am planning on thinning my collection of airguns in the near future. Primary reason is to acquire a Falcon or Daystate FT gun and lack of consistent use.
: I have a Walther LGR I acquired at the Ronaoke show this year. Really neat to shoot, unusual cocking method. Looks to be in 90% plus condition, comes with 2 extra cheek pieces to vary comb height. No papers or box. Works perfectly. Any idea of current fair market value?
: I acquired an Diana 75 to1 2 or 3 years ago. I love shooting this piece. Nice walnut stock, clear front sight, 90% plus, no papers or box. Any idea of current fair market value?
:
: I am only parting with the above as I have a P70 and Haenul Suhl B96 and have run out of room in the gun safe for rifles.
: I have a original design pump, it has the original female threads and pressure gauge plus I have a DIN adapter to rhow in with it. $110 plus shipping.
: Will need to sift through the rest to see what I want to part with. Perhaps a Daisy 91, Maybe my RIKA.
: I will post pictures and details on my site when I am ready to sell. Hopefully in the next week or so.

alance2002-at-yahoo.com.48162.48147
Len

Some options

Post by Len »

I know there is a titanium tubed Falcon coming out, in fact Mr. Breeze is supposed to get the first one. I've never been that partial to the falcons for the ultra accuracy that FT guns need.
They are great hunters, relatively inexpensive, and easy to fiddle with but not as accurate as I have hoped them to be. The "match trigger" on the wolfpup was an absolute nightmare.
As to the daystates, I have most of them and find that the MK3 series not to be all that exciting. I mean electronic triggers are neat but the FT suffers from all the things wrong with the 97 stock ( I guess they had to use them someplace), the RT reminds me of the Harrier SE, and to a great extent so does the RT (but a bit more like my loguns). As a matter of taste I never use the magazine, hunting or plinking...I think they were a big waste of effort.
The CDT system is neat, don't get me wrong --the gun even has lights and beeps! so the gadget factor is high, but it's not really what I've wanted.
I feel for you in your quest, I have not found the ultimate "sporter/FT" gun yet. I thouhgt maybe a full on custom logun would make it...but that wasn't it. The Harrier X was pretty close, the SE was (and maybe is) the closest I have found...but I also think the Daystates come into their own at under 12 FPE in .17 or really effective in .22 at sub 20 fpe

Len

Addition

Post by Len »

There was an LG 100 set up for .22 caliber, not an FT gun but a great long distance shooter by the Z-man. Now that thing was a work of art at 50 yards plus, silent, accurate, and ugly as only the LG can be. I had a fellow make up walnt furniture for my LG, it's simple enough for someone to do if they have the right tools.
I guess, and maybe you are running into this too, there are a lot of guns in the market in near the same place/niche. They try and out do each other on gadget factor but there isn't one that is standing a "head above the rest" on form AND design.