Recoil control in .22LR

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

GregM

Recoil control in .22LR

Post by GregM »

Now that ISSF has scrapped the .22 short for rapid fire pistols events and standard pistols are to be used, could someone offer some insight as to how we can reduce recoil in .22LR standard pistols?
Assuming ported barrels are not allowed, recoil reduction seems to be the only way to go in regards to muzzle control.
I know Pardini has some kind of recoil absorber in the muzzle weight. How effective this device is in reducing recoil in .22LR? Can recoil be eliminated altogether by tweaking the adjustments combined with certain ammo?
What other guns also has similar functions? Effectiveness?
Thanks in advance.
GM.
Len

Re: Recoil control in .22LR

Post by Len »

This is interesting because I was just shooting a Pardini SP ysterday and also shooting the OSP/GSP/GSP-c.
The recoil between the two the GSP kit and the pardini Sp...both had a farly favorable straight back recoil impulse. I actually favor the Pardini because the grips are a little tighter to my hand.
In comparison the OSP and the GPE, the OSP seemed to be a little nicer to me but neither had much of a recoil impukse in any direction.
I like the pardini in that it seems to focus the recoil straight back...
Richard

Post by Richard »

The new GSP Expert has recoil reduction and I found it very noticable over original GSP without it.
: This is interesting because I was just shooting a Pardini SP ysterday and also shooting the OSP/GSP/GSP-c.
: The recoil between the two the GSP kit and the pardini Sp...both had a farly favorable straight back recoil impulse. I actually favor the Pardini because the grips are a little tighter to my hand.
: In comparison the OSP and the GPE, the OSP seemed to be a little nicer to me but neither had much of a recoil impukse in any direction.
: I like the pardini in that it seems to focus the recoil straight back...

Len

Post by Len »

I don't have the expert...but I would imagine that you are probably right.