Toz-35M technical difficulty. Help please!

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Mark

Toz-35M technical difficulty. Help please!

Post by Mark »

The gun won't stay cocked. The set trigger and lever are working fine (I can still dry fire), but the mainspring isn't storing any tension.
If I move the under lever forward, it feels like it's starting compress a spring, but it doesn't. It goes forward and makes a slight click, but then when I start to move it to the rearward position to lock it for firing, it springs rearward. I'm not even getting light primer strikes.
How do I fix this?
Greg Derr

Re: Toz-35M technical difficulty. Help please!

Post by Greg Derr »

Mark: sounds like firing pin sear spring might be broken. If you remove the falling block assembly from the gun, in the rear is a large flat slotted screw. This folds both the FP, FP spring and what can best be descibed as the FR sear spring. The FP sear spring is kind of shaped like a tadpole or a pigtail. If this is cracked or broken off the FP will not set in the cocked position. You should have a spare in the TOZ parts kit. Greg Derr
Mark

Success! Fixed it.

Post by Mark »

Thanks Greg! Turns out the tadpole spring wasn't broken, but it wasn't putting any pressure on the sear. A little judicious bending and it's working fine. Thanks again!
Mark

Re: Success! Fixed it.

Post by Mark »

Also needed to clearance the grips a little to allow the cocking lever to go all the way forward.