Dry firing a SSP pistol?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

TCooper

Dry firing a SSP pistol?

Post by TCooper »

I have alway though that it was okay to dry fire a SSP pistol. Recently I heard that this practice could harm a pistol after a lenghty period of time. Is this fact?
Is it okay to dry fire the Pardini K58 during practice sessions? How about other SSP pistols?
Thanks,
Todd
Joe G.

Re: Dry firing a SSP pistol?

Post by Joe G. »

Hi Todd, I am also of the opinion that dry firing (with air discharge) was no problem with a SSP air gun. I have certainly shot many of my SSP's that way and have never had a bad result. What had you heard to the contrary?, perhaps it might be a problem for a individual particular design but it otherwise doesn't make sense that it would be detrimental, at least in my own humble opinion. Anxious to hear any other details about this. Be well, Joe G.
Josephjfg-at-aol.com.48013.48008
TCooper

Post by TCooper »

Go to the Straight Shooters forum and look for my name as a post subject on January 15. You can read the threads. Apparently Don Nygord once said dry firing the K58 is something "he would not recommend making a habit of it, as one would dry fire a LOT in training". This statement makes me think there could be a problem, but maybe I am jumping to a conclusion.
Later,
Todd

Charles

Post by Charles »

: I have alway though that it was okay to dry fire a SSP pistol. Recently I heard that this practice could harm a pistol after a lenghty period of time. Is this fact?
: Is it okay to dry fire the Pardini K58 during practice sessions? How about other SSP pistols?
: Thanks,
: Todd
My impression is the same as Joe G's. The new Pardini K58's come with dry fire capability built-in. A few older ones have Don Nygord's dry fire conversion (no longer available).
Charles
crrmeyer-at-yahoo.com.48055.48008