Thanks Mark

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Simpson

Thanks Mark

Post by Simpson »

Hello!
Thank you for your detailed answer on the Morini trigger system. It´s said to have the best trigger-release system in the world, much thanks to the electronic device. But I´m quite worried it might be too heavy, it weighs 1240 grams, that is 140 more than for example the Pardini och Hämmerli. How is the balance? Is most of the weight places by the grip or is it front heavy like a TOZ?

Mark (the other one)

Re: Thanks Mark

Post by Mark (the other one) »

Wierd...I've never thought of the ToZ as front heavy... I've thought the Hammerli 162 was a little front heavy...
: Hello!
: Thank you for your detailed answer on the Morini trigger system. It´s said to have the best trigger-release system in the world, much thanks to the electronic device. But I´m quite worried it might be too heavy, it weighs 1240 grams, that is 140 more than for example the Pardini och Hämmerli. How is the balance? Is most of the weight places by the grip or is it front heavy like a TOZ?

RML

Re: Morini CM84

Post by RML »

I am not Mark, but I can give you my opinion:
The Morini CM84E is a bit front heavy. I know people who have used Hammerli, and do not like the Morini because of the heavyer barrel.
I used to shoot a Hammerli 160 with the plastic "thing" below the barrel removed, and som added weight closer to the trigger. I found the balance of that pistol better than the Morini.
I do, however, shoot a Morini CM84 now, and I am very happy with the performance and results. From what I have read/seen/tried/heard, I think it is the best free pistol available.
By the way, I read the description of the optical safety on the Morini. One more thing that could be added about this safety is that it makes it more difficult to replace the trigger on the pistol. A new trigger tongue may block the light beam.
RML
Mark.

Re: Morini CM84

Post by Mark. »

I would agree with RML's statements. The Morini is a bit front-heavy, and particularly so if one places the sight holder or compensator at its most extended position. I would prefer if it did not have so much weight out front, but I don't argue when the sights come up and just sit under the target without wavering. This appears to be one of the benefits of this pistol's design.
Replacing the trigger shoe with another type that doesn't have "slits" to allow the light beam to pass is indeed an issue with this pistol. Without the lightbeam passing through the trigger the "safety" function of the electronic trigger would effectively be disabled. I have bent my original trigger shoe to provide a better angle and more comfortable fit, but that's about as much adjustment as one can get. Even so, it's a pretty comfortable trigger.

Mark.
Simpson

Morini trigger question

Post by Simpson »

Hello!
Quite surprised to her the Morini is front heavy, it doesn´t seem to be, but looks can be deceiving. Now to my next question. I have very short fingers and on my other pistols I´ve had to carve of the grip almost right through to the pistol to get my indexfinger to reach the trigger. Now I might have a serious problem with the Morini pistol if you can´t move it back far enough. Is that possible?

Mark.

Re: Morini trigger question

Post by Mark. »

I have a fairly small hand and shoot a small grip on Steyr LP1, Med on LP-10, Med on TOZ, Hammerli 150 and CM-84E. On most of these pistols except the LP-1 I find I'm just a little too big for the small grip, and have to carve a lot on the medium grips. BUT - I have the trigger on the CM-84E moved all the way forward, and then bent forward even a little bit more. You'll have no trouble getting your finger on the trigger.
As for the balance of the Morini, the barrel has quite a heavy taper as compared to the TOZ or Hammerli 150 and therefor adds a fair amount of weight out front. Having said that and previously stated that I prefer to have a little more rearward centre of balance, I must say that I really like the way this pistol just hovers on the target without moving. Far better than my other pistols do.
Go ahead, just buy the Morini. You won't regret it! ;-)

Mark.
PS: I have no connection with the Morini company. In fact, I wish I had so I could buy their products at lower prices!