Lead-free pellets?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Jeff

Re: Phoey!!

Post by Jeff »

: Where is the science in what you sited that has you all worried?
I'm not "all worried" or "panicked" or "terrified", but I DO seem to be getting a lot of frantic (occasionally borderline hysteric) responses!
Just looking for answers. My concerns came from multiple articles I read (don't have time to fish them all up, but again: searching on Google with "lead" & "indoor shooting" & "poisoning" for awhile and you'll find them.
(I think the panicked response I seem to get are people mistakenly thinking this is a some sort of lead in to an anti-gun shut-down-ranges thing.) Just want answers, actual answers. (If you don't know any, why bother responding? Don't worry: I'm not cowering in a corner, sweating, terrified of my gun.) Sheesh- can't a guy ask a legitimate "might this be unhealthy" question without being labeled a paranoid nutcase?
jwolverton-at-hotmail.com.47962.47960
Ross Mason

Re: Blahh, phoey!!

Post by Ross Mason »

: I have my blood level tested annually. Upon entering the Army (US Army Marksmanship Unit) in 1992, my blood lead level was 13 (micrograms per deciliter, I believe). That was 12 years ago. My last test was in November, 03. My blood lead level on that test was.... 13.
Ken,
What needs to be realised is that you were a shooter before you joined the Army. That means that it is possible - repeat: it is possible - that you had lead there before you joined. Therefore the tests you have had since may mean that you are maintaining the level. My experience of lead tests for Indoor shooters is that the level rises during the season and drops in the off season. Fellow shooter has plotted the results and it is a very regular cycle.
Other than that I agree with all you comments re handing, chewing(!!??Jeez!), stroking bullets and not eating are on the button.
Ross Mason