Hammerli Trailside - any good for bullseye or ISU?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Ralph A.

Hammerli Trailside - any good for bullseye or ISU?

Post by Ralph A. »

I would bet that there has been a history of posts on this... but unfortunately when I scanned the messages I did not see any, so here goes.
Yesterday at the local gun store I saw the competition model of the trailside for $599. I looked and felt really good. What have been peoples thoughts/experiences with this gun? And, is that a good price?
Ralph A.
Christopher

Re: Hammerli Trailside - any good for bullseye or ISU?

Post by Christopher »

Check out this review. It's the only one I have seen featuring an in-depth report of the Trailslide being tested for precision target shooting ala ISSF style.
http://www.galleryofguns.com/shootingti ... asp?ID=297

eccletic251266-at-yahoo.co.uk.47673.47648
Paul

Post by Paul »

Ralph - I have seen this question before but maybe not on this listserve.
I recall that the overwhelming response was that the Trailside was not the best choice for BE shooting. For the most part, the trigger needs alot of work and there are other guns much better suited to the task. The two I seem to recall are the Clark Ruger Mark II and IZH35.
If you are not already a member, please consider joing our BE listserve by visiting: http://lava.net/~perrone/bullseye/
I'm sure you can find some relevant information about the Trailside in those archives as well as a mountain of other BE related material.
Good luck.
Paul
: I would bet that there has been a history of posts on this... but unfortunately when I scanned the messages I did not see any, so here goes.
: Yesterday at the local gun store I saw the competition model of the trailside for $599. I looked and felt really good. What have been peoples thoughts/experiences with this gun? And, is that a good price?
: Ralph A.

paul-at-figlialaw.com.47821.47648
alex

Post by alex »

: I would bet that there has been a history of posts on this... but unfortunately when I scanned the messages I did not see any, so here goes.
: Yesterday at the local gun store I saw the competition model of the trailside for $599. I looked and felt really good. What have been peoples thoughts/experiences with this gun? And, is that a good price?

alex.cook-at-bc-grp.com.49498.47648
alex

Post by alex »

alex.cook-at-bc-grp.com.49499.47648