Question Re Lifespan of LP-10 Seals

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Mark

Question Re Lifespan of LP-10 Seals

Post by Mark »

Hello TargetTalkers!
I'm new to the compressed air (SCUBA) game and am curious to know how long I should expect the seals on an LP-10 to survive. I'm particularly concerned with the seal where the cylinder attaches to the pistol, as well as the similar seals on the filling adapter and manometer (yes, I have cylinders without guages). I fear my very positive experience with the seals on my CO2 powered LP-1's may not be as easily achieved with the LP-10. As always, all comments are greatfully received.

Mark.
Paul

Re: Question Re Lifespan of LP-10 Seals

Post by Paul »

Mark,
Also have an LP10 and Warren at Pilkington told me that the seals should last at least 3 years. Love my gun!
Paul

kd6aw-at-cox.net.41143.41133
Paul T (UK)

LP-10 Seals

Post by Paul T (UK) »

I had an LP10 since it came out. The seals on my unit were a pain! One of the cylinders had a burr and this chewed a few. Once sorted, they lasted between annual services, having no cartridge ISSF pistol in the UK, this is not surprising!
One housekeeping matter I was not initially aware that may be useful to share. It is necessary to fully screw or unscrew the cylinder to the Steyr in one go. A half-attachment and then removal is highly likely to break the small seal. I always carry a spare!
Watch for the cocking lever cam, this needs regular inspection as several LP10’s have had issues with these, the tell take sigh is that it becomes heavier to pull-back and close, the other is dry-fire failing to work. I now shoot a 162EI, if only a hybrid of the two pistols coupling the trigger and general build quality of the 162EI with the recoil block and grip flexibility of the LP10!

paul-at-lans.demon.co.uk.41147.41133
Raymac

Re: Question Re Lifespan of LP-10 Seals

Post by Raymac »

Paul T is correct.....you need to have a handfull of the small green 4 X 1.5 o-rings if you own an LP10. the part number is 4301020021 Your supplier should have them and they're not expensive. It helps if the o-rings are kept lightly greased.

mcdougall.imports-at-shaw.ca.41153.41133
David

3 years is about right

Post by David »

I have a LP5P and a LP10. The cylinders are interchangable. The LP5 is about 3 years old and blew the cylinder seal a couple of weeks ago. I grease the seal fairly often (including the scuba tank fitting) and shoot the gun at a couple of matches weekly, taking the cylinder off each time. New seal was a pain to get on, but has worked so far.

Mark

Thanks for your help Re: Lifespan of LP-10 Seals (nt)

Post by Mark »

: Hello TargetTalkers!
: I'm new to the compressed air (SCUBA) game and am curious to know how long I should expect the seals on an LP-10 to survive. I'm particularly concerned with the seal where the cylinder attaches to the pistol, as well as the similar seals on the filling adapter and manometer (yes, I have cylinders without guages). I fear my very positive experience with the seals on my CO2 powered LP-1's may not be as easily achieved with the LP-10. As always, all comments are greatfully received.
:
: Mark.