Running target rifle for air silhouette?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Bill Courington

Running target rifle for air silhouette?

Post by Bill Courington »

I've never shot or even held a running target rifle, and my game is silhouette, not RT. But the RT rifles are set up for scopes and are shot offhand, like silhouette. They also cost less than standard rifles with sights.
Would there be any advantage to using, say, a P70RT over a standard P70? (Note that in silhouette the butt plate must be centered.)
Or any disadvantage? (Maybe they are so optimized for RT that they don't work well for ordinary offhand shooting.)

tony credland

Re: Running target rifle for air silhouette?

Post by tony credland »

: I've never shot or even held a running target rifle, and my game is silhouette, not RT. But the RT rifles are set up for scopes and are shot offhand, like silhouette. They also cost less than standard rifles with sights.
: Would there be any advantage to using, say, a P70RT over a standard P70? (Note that in silhouette the butt plate must be centered.)
: Or any disadvantage? (Maybe they are so optimized for RT that they don't work well for ordinary offhand shooting.)
: I know nothing about silhouette but the salient features of a RT rifle are a long apparent barrel with weight balance forward. This gives stability in the lift and swing. This feels great to use in action, but feels a bit nasty for static training!
:

tncred-at-btopenworld.com.41084.41070