Pardini a good choice?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Barry

Pardini a good choice?

Post by Barry »

I'm looking to upgrade my current AP(a TAU-7) and would really appreciate some expert feedback on my current choices. Right now, I'm looking at either an Steyr LP10, or a Pardini K2 using CO2. I have some shoulder problems so am concerned about weight, and CO2 is OK since temp. extremes are not an issue. There seems to be a dearth of detail available on the LP@ but maybe that would also fill the bill. Can you experts here offer some pros and cons on these pistols or have I overlooked some? Also, the K2 is also available in a "light" version. Is this identical to the standard except for the length and weight of the cylinder?
Hey, I'll never be a contender at the Olympics(way too old for that) but do enjoy using quality pistols and 10meter to work off a hard day.
TIA,
Barry
Scott H.

Re: Pardini a good choice?

Post by Scott H. »

Barry,
I own both an LP10 and a short Pardini K2s (Compressed air.)
The LP10 is a snazzier pistol, with recoil reducers, weights, and a wider variety of adjustments.
The Pardini is somewhat plain. But its trigger is first class, the sights are very good, and, hey, it comes with a sticker on the grip that reminds us that it was used to win Gold in 1996 and 2000.
The Pardini should be somewhat less expensive than the Steyr. If you like the Pardini, and the price is right for you, you'll shoot it as well as any other gun you'll see.

fwbaw92-at-msn.com.41062.41060
Donald Matzeder

Post by Donald Matzeder »

You might look at the Pardini K 60 also. Earlier model CO2. I just traded one in for a K2 to go from CO2 to compressed air. I liked it. Scott should have some used so check out his page.

: I'm looking to upgrade my current AP(a TAU-7) and would really appreciate some expert feedback on my current choices. Right now, I'm looking at either an Steyr LP10, or a Pardini K2 using CO2. I have some shoulder problems so am concerned about weight, and CO2 is OK since temp. extremes are not an issue. There seems to be a dearth of detail available on the LP@ but maybe that would also fill the bill. Can you experts here offer some pros and cons on these pistols or have I overlooked some? Also, the K2 is also available in a "light" version. Is this identical to the standard except for the length and weight of the cylinder?
: Hey, I'll never be a contender at the Olympics(way too old for that) but do enjoy using quality pistols and 10meter to work off a hard day.
: TIA,
: Barry

matzeder-at-direcpc.com.41063.41060
Barry

Post by Barry »

Don, thanks for the info. I did look at the K60 but it looks like the balance is way forward; remember, I'm used to a TAU-7. Any comment on that? Also, what did you consider as the significant differences between the K60 and K2 in making your move?
Barry

: You might look at the Pardini K 60 also. Earlier model CO2. I just traded one in for a K2 to go from CO2 to compressed air. I liked it. Scott should have some used so check out his page.
:
: : I'm looking to upgrade my current AP(a TAU-7) and would really appreciate some expert feedback on my current choices. Right now, I'm looking at either an Steyr LP10, or a Pardini K2 using CO2. I have some shoulder problems so am concerned about weight, and CO2 is OK since temp. extremes are not an issue. There seems to be a dearth of detail available on the LP@ but maybe that would also fill the bill. Can you experts here offer some pros and cons on these pistols or have I overlooked some? Also, the K2 is also available in a "light" version. Is this identical to the standard except for the length and weight of the cylinder?
: : Hey, I'll never be a contender at the Olympics(way too old for that) but do enjoy using quality pistols and 10meter to work off a hard day.
: : TIA,
: : Barry

Bary

Post by Bary »

Scott, any thoughts on how the K2 "light" might balance compared with the K2? I'd like more of a neutral balance I think? Maybe the short is similar to the light in that regard?
Since I have problems trying to pre-program my VCR, once you get beyond a certain number of adjustments, I'm lost. I'm sure I'd love an LP10, but, other than the recoil reducer, the other features may be lost on me.
Barry

: Barry,
: I own both an LP10 and a short Pardini K2s (Compressed air.)
: The LP10 is a snazzier pistol, with recoil reducers, weights, and a wider variety of adjustments.
: The Pardini is somewhat plain. But its trigger is first class, the sights are very good, and, hey, it comes with a sticker on the grip that reminds us that it was used to win Gold in 1996 and 2000.
: The Pardini should be somewhat less expensive than the Steyr. If you like the Pardini, and the price is right for you, you'll shoot it as well as any other gun you'll see.

Donald Matzeder

Post by Donald Matzeder »

It is not near as nose heavy as some I've tried, the IZH comes to mind, but it could be less and the short version probably is. I changed just to get the precharged version over CO2 as I shoot outdoors and the co2 did not work in the cold. The only difference I see between the K2 and the K60 is the dry fire switch on the K2.

: Don, thanks for the info. I did look at the K60 but it looks like the balance is way forward; remember, I'm used to a TAU-7. Any comment on that? Also, what did you consider as the significant differences between the K60 and K2 in making your move?
: Barry

:
: : You might look at the Pardini K 60 also. Earlier model CO2. I just traded one in for a K2 to go from CO2 to compressed air. I liked it. Scott should have some used so check out his page.
: :
: : : I'm looking to upgrade my current AP(a TAU-7) and would really appreciate some expert feedback on my current choices. Right now, I'm looking at either an Steyr LP10, or a Pardini K2 using CO2. I have some shoulder problems so am concerned about weight, and CO2 is OK since temp. extremes are not an issue. There seems to be a dearth of detail available on the LP@ but maybe that would also fill the bill. Can you experts here offer some pros and cons on these pistols or have I overlooked some? Also, the K2 is also available in a "light" version. Is this identical to the standard except for the length and weight of the cylinder?
: : : Hey, I'll never be a contender at the Olympics(way too old for that) but do enjoy using quality pistols and 10meter to work off a hard day.
: : : TIA,
: : : Barry

matzeder-at-direcpc.com.41068.41066
Charles

Post by Charles »

Barry:
How light do you want? The Pardini K2 is a nice pistol - it doesn't have some of the frills of the other pistols but the trigger is great and they are pretty bullet-proof.
If weight is an issue definitely opt for the light version. I have shot the Junior version in the past and thought highly of it.
Reference to the now discontinued Pardini K60 were made by others. The ligher weight sibling was the K90, which had shoter cylinders and a thinner barrel (ala the K2 light so it appears). It was a very light air pistol, though not very common.
For now the light weight contest the winner is probably the SAM K9 at 780g (depends on grip configuration)
Charles

crrmeyer-at-yahoo.com.41069.41060
Bill Abernethy

Post by Bill Abernethy »

I've been shooting a K2 for some years now and have always been very happy with it: great trigger, nice nose-heavy balance, and if you want a compensator, Don Nygord's "turbo comp" can easily be fitted.
Best,
Bill Abernethy
bill-at-wccnet.org.41076.41060
dam8

Post by dam8 »

I looked at both of these.The LP10 was a bit out of my $ range, also I like to feel a bit of recoil to simulate 22.The Pardini seemed to me to be a bit nose heavy.I opted for the LP1 instead.It seems a bit lighter out front.I believe our host still has some from the last factory run.All are great guns it all boils down to personal preference.
william

an excellent choice

Post by william »

The K2 Short (Junior as they call it in some countries) eliminates a fair amount of out-front weight and moves the balance point to not much ahead of your knuckles. A side benefit is that the shorter sight radius reduces perceived shake.

politt-at-1stcounsel.com.41080.41060
Lee

What about a Morini 162 short?

Post by Lee »

Sorry to confuse the issue a bit, but you might want to consider a Morini 162 Short. I have the EI (electronic trigger) short barrel version and like it a lot. The trigger is excellent and very easy to dry fire (just turn it on), and the short version is very nicely balanced (not at all muzzle heavy) and pretty light. I believe you can also get the short version with a mechanical trigger. Other than the potential hassle of getting your scuba tank filled, the cylinders are much easier to refill than CO2 (no refrigeration and weighing). Happy shooting.
hlf_jr-at-hotmail.com.41081.41060
Paul

Post by Paul »

Have an LP10 and love it. See no reason why you would wish to buy co2 over compressed air. Compressed air is easier to use and is the latest technology.
Paul
kd6aw-at-cox.net.41088.41067