"Morini" Barrel Weight

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

David Levene

"Morini" Barrel Weight

Post by David Levene »

Some time ago I seem to remember there was a discussion regarding a small weight that could be clamped directly to a 162EI barrel.
It was not one of the 3 Morini ones, all of which are too heavy for a friend of mine.
Can anyone remember where the small weight came from (or was it a special).
dalevene-at-blueyonder.co.uk.40977.0
dam8

Re: "Morini" Barrel Weight

Post by dam8 »

If I'm not mistaken I remember seeing a Morrini weight on Nealjguns site.It mounted to the cylender with a perpendicular bar under with weights that slid in to it.
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

Hi,
I had a Morini weight that clamped to the barrel, it had two small rods that could be positioned in the clamp. Each rod had a small weight that could slide along the rod.
It sorta made the Morini look like a UHF antenna.
I found that the clamp itself served as a reasonable barrel weight.
I included it with the right handed Morini that I traded with Warren for a left handed Morini.
--Jerry

jerry.levan-at-eku.edu.40984.40977
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

: If I'm not mistaken I remember seeing a Morrini weight on Nealjguns site.It mounted to the cylender with a perpendicular bar under with weights that slid in to it.
I think you are describing the one that actually fits to the cylinder mounting, not to the cylinder itself.
The one I am looking for actually fits co-axially round the barrel with no bars. It is certainly not one of the ones manufactured by Morini.
Many thanks for your interest though.

dalevene-at-blueyonder.co.uk.40985.40983
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

: I had a Morini weight that clamped to the barrel, it had two small rods that could be positioned in the clamp. Each rod had a small weight that could slide along the rod.
: It sorta made the Morini look like a UHF antenna.
: I found that the clamp itself served as a reasonable barrel weight.
Thanks but we have already gone down that route. Even the clamp itself is too heavy to give my friend the balance he is looking for.
The weight we are looking for is circular and fits co-axially around the barrel.

dalevene-at-blueyonder.co.uk.40986.40984
David Levene

The Answer

Post by David Levene »

Stale Waagbo has come up with the answer.
They are the "new" Morini weights which come as a set of 4, 15g each, and clamp directly to the barrel.
Target Talk contributors come up with the answer again.
Thanks to all (especially Stale of course).
dalevene-at-blueyonder.co.uk.40987.40977
Paul

Re: The Answer Part 2

Post by Paul »

The 10gr weights were made by Haemmerli, as far as I know. At least they have been available there for some time. The "UHF antenna" thing was Haemmerli, too. Most barrel weights work on many guns, 'cause the barrel diameter is 12mm. The most notable exception is Walther. Another very good solution to get a bit more weight on the CM 162 is to use the comp from the SAM - it's about 10gr heavier, and, unlike the useless front sight holder of CM, it works like a comp should. Probably the easiest way, at least in the trial phase, is to put a lead weight like the ones used to balance wheels on the front face of the tank.
pkuemin-at-gmx.net.40988.40987
Lee

Where can you get the 15g barrel weights? Thanks - nt

Post by Lee »

: Stale Waagbo has come up with the answer.
: They are the "new" Morini weights which come as a set of 4, 15g each, and clamp directly to the barrel.
: Target Talk contributors come up with the answer again.
: Thanks to all (especially Stale of course).

Bubba

Post by Bubba »

I went through the Morini weight phase. Got some help from one of the participants here, who sent me both types of cylinder clamp weights. I did not benefit from either. Just me.
An alternative that I tried worked pretty good. If you recall the weithes that FWB used on CO2 pistols, itt screwed into the front of the tube. The weights were light, but at the forward end of the tank, it did not take much. Inspired by that, I found that a 35mm plastic film container would fit the front of the air tube, without force, and with no damage to the cylinder finish. Then you can load the canister with what ever weight you want, using coins or what ever you want. I used the pad from the inside of the cap on an Asprin bottle, on top of the internal wseights to protect the gauge cover. The cannister needs no modification, and can be made to almost any weight. Your friend may find, after using a weight, that he did not need the weight. That was my conclusion, after all the fiddeling about with weights.
Best of luck.
Respectfully,
Bubba

DanielHankiins-at-wmconnect.com.41004.40977
Paul T (UK)

Post by Paul T (UK) »

Hi Bubba,
It was actually me who asked David L for assistance. I was a little shy of asking the group as I thought it was a standard Morini accessory and I failed to look at the price list correctly. I am very grateful for the assistance and ideas in this thread and participants. I have a 60g weight and still use this for Centre Fire training (I have a trigger unit at 1200g and load the weights up for training on my backup 162). I used car lead weights to increase the balance just in front of the breach. I actually used a plastic canister on my test cylinder (the one I use SCATT with) but at the muzzle end, gives the wrong balance. We hope to have a set soon so this should provide a longer term solution as the wheel weights are taped to the side of the barrel – it works but would like it a little more permanent. I spotted the very item in a picture from the world cup match!
Many thanks all
Best regards
Paul (UK)

paul-at-lans.demon.co.uk.41005.41004
stale

Re: Where can you get the 15g barrel weights? Thanks - nt

Post by stale »

You will find them in new Gehmann catalog download pdf. page 54 if i remember correct.
Also shown other weights. I uses the kind of antenna weight. cause of easy removal, when using my rika. Actually i just removes the 4 small weights.
You local dealer should be able to help You.
stale
s.waagbo-at-online.no.41040.40997
Ronny

Post by Ronny »

: : If I'm not mistaken I remember seeing a Morrini weight on Nealjguns site.It mounted to the cylender with a perpendicular bar under with weights that slid in to it.
: I think you are describing the one that actually fits to the cylinder mounting, not to the cylinder itself.
: The one I am looking for actually fits co-axially round the barrel with no bars. It is certainly not one of the ones manufactured by Morini.
: Many thanks for your interest though.
David,
The counterweights you are looking for,mounted coaxially round the barrel,comes in a set of four,and the weight of each one is 15 g.No tool is required to mount them.Two rubber o-rings is mounted inside each weight,to hold them in position,and to eliminate vibrations.I constructed them,and Morini Competition Arm in Switzerland is producing them,and distributing them all over the world.
Ronny
ron-at-telia.com.41072.40985
Ronny

Post by Ronny »

: : If I'm not mistaken I remember seeing a Morrini weight on Nealjguns site.It mounted to the cylender with a perpendicular bar under with weights that slid in to it.
: I think you are describing the one that actually fits to the cylinder mounting, not to the cylinder itself.
: The one I am looking for actually fits co-axially round the barrel with no bars. It is certainly not one of the ones manufactured by Morini.
: Many thanks for your interest though.
David,
The counterweights you are looking for,mounted coaxially round the barrel,comes in a set of four,and the weight of each one is 15 g.No tool is required to mount them.Two rubber o-rings is mounted inside each weight,to hold them in position,and to eliminate vibrations.I constructed them,and Morini Competition Arm in Switzerland is producing them,and distributing them all over the world.
Ronny
ron-at-telia.com.41073.40985
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

: The counterweights you are looking for,mounted coaxially round the barrel,comes in a set of four,and the weight of each one is 15 g.No tool is required to mount them.Two rubber o-rings is mounted inside each weight,to hold them in position,and to eliminate vibrations.I constructed them,and Morini Competition Arm in Switzerland is producing them,and distributing them all over the world.
Thanks for that Ronny. We have someone trying to buy a set in Munich at the World Cup.

dalevene-at-blueyonder.co.uk.41074.41073