KSP200 and IZH35

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Tom F

KSP200 and IZH35

Post by Tom F »

When I was looking at the manuals and the instructions for field stripping these two pistols, I noticed that the KSP200 does not show any screws on the upper shroud. How does the upper shroud stay on tight enough to mount a scope? Would the KSP200 upper shourd work on a IZH35? I sure hate having to remove those screws every time I clean the gun.
Thanks all!
mcs-at-flashmail.com.40973.0
Scott C

Re: KSP200 and IZH35

Post by Scott C »

Tom F, the shroud on the KSP wasn't designed for scope use. It has too much play and would have to be drilled and tapped just like the IZH35. I use my KSP with open sights and use the IZH for scope use since it's already set up for the scope rail.

Mike Taylor

Post by Mike Taylor »

: When I was looking at the manuals and the instructions for field stripping these two pistols, I noticed that the KSP200 does not show any screws on the upper shroud. How does the upper shroud stay on tight enough to mount a scope? Would the KSP200 upper shourd work on a IZH35? I sure hate having to remove those screws every time I clean the gun.
: Thanks all!
There is an horizontal cross-pin in the shroud of the KSP200. That pin engages a slot in the frame. There is a spring-loaded plunger in the slot. The shroud is set over the barrel about a quarter-inch forward of its final position then pushed backwards (towards the rear sight). This compresses the plunger. While the shroud is back, it is pushed down, then held down while it is allowed to spring forward slightly. Grooves in the front end of the shroud engage in slots in the front sight support. Thus the shroud is captured by slots and held in place by spring pressure.
Since I shoot only with open sights, I can't say if the spring pressure is strong enough to resist the inertial forces involved in a recoiling dot sight mounted on the shroud.

fmtaylor-at-telus.net.41029.40973
V Carr

Post by V Carr »

: When I was looking at the manuals and the instructions for field stripping these two pistols, I noticed that the KSP200 does not show any screws on the upper shroud. How does the upper shroud stay on tight enough to mount a scope? Would the KSP200 upper shourd work on a IZH35? I sure hate having to remove those screws every time I clean the gun.
Tom F: Seems to be that the screws are an adaptation for the american market (the scope base), i've seen IZH's with a clean shroud, i assume that the Walther shrowd will fit, if i only know how to get one, i would buy it, since i shoot open sights, and the screws keep loosing.

vacarrillo-at-gab.com.mx.41039.40973
Mike Taylor

Post by Mike Taylor »

: : When I was looking at the manuals and the instructions for field stripping these two pistols, I noticed that the KSP200 does not show any screws on the upper shroud. How does the upper shroud stay on tight enough to mount a scope? Would the KSP200 upper shourd work on a IZH35? I sure hate having to remove those screws every time I clean the gun.
: : Thanks all!
: There is an horizontal cross-pin in the shroud of the KSP200. That pin engages a slot in the frame. There is a spring-loaded plunger in the slot. The shroud is set over the barrel about a quarter-inch forward of its final position then pushed backwards (towards the rear sight). This compresses the plunger. While the shroud is back, it is pushed down, then held down while it is allowed to spring forward slightly. Grooves in the front end of the shroud engage in slots in the front sight support. Thus the shroud is captured by slots and held in place by spring pressure.
: Since I shoot only with open sights, I can't say if the spring pressure is strong enough to resist the inertial forces involved in a recoiling dot sight mounted on the shroud.
I wrote the foregoing paragraphs based upon memory of the KSP200 shroud assembly. That was a bad idea as I hadn't recalled the details correctly. Since then, I've pulled out my KSP200 and examined it in detail. The grooves I mentioned are not in the front sight support but rather in the lower shroud. The upper and lower shrouds lock together by means of mating grooves. The upper shroud is restrained from moving vertically by its engagement with the lower shroud and by the previously mentioned cross pin in the (open-ended) slot in the frame.

fmtaylor-at-telus.net.41061.41029
Matt VDW

Don't Worry About the Screws

Post by Matt VDW »

If you're shooting the IZH35M with the iron sights, you can just remove the shroud screws. The upper shroud will be held in place without them and the pistol will function just fine.

mvandewe-at-columbus.rr.com.41064.40973