Pardini SP RF

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Winstanley94

Pardini SP RF

Post by Winstanley94 »

I'm looking at purchasing a Pardini SP RF (Rapid fire) pistol at the end of this year. Mechanical trigger as despite the loss of dry fire capabilities I have seen and heard of problems with many makes and models especially the Pardini. Recently I have heard that the newer models have had problems with cracking barrels and even been boycotted by some of the better rapid fire teams e.g. Germany, despite this after much research I have found no online sources e.g the problems and if they have been resolved. Can anybody shed any light on this and possibly offer some sources for my consideration? Anything from product reviews to official Pardini reports etc.

Thank you for your time.
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

Your first post seems a bit like trolling, I've been shooting a Pardini since 1985/6 and never heard of a barrel cracking. If you have a source please site it. If not edit your post please.
Winstanley94

Post by Winstanley94 »

Greg Derr wrote:Your first post seems a bit like trolling, I've been shooting a Pardini since 1985/6 and never heard of a barrel cracking. If you have a source please site it. If not edit your post please.
If you read the post you will see it applies to the new models, specifically the Rapid Fire models. E.g. I believe in the last few years, the older barrels are fine allegedly. My SP has been fine, is years old, 5 years I've had it and is a lot older! The point of this post was actually also asking for sources as I my self could not find any, hence why I am asking if anybody else has heard anything and cannot site one!
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Recently I have heard that the newer models have had problems with cracking barrels and even been boycotted by some of the better rapid fire teams e.g. Germany
Ah, that is asking for sources. Must be why Christian Reitz and Ralf Schumann and almost everybody else are using late model Pardinis for RF.
Winstanley94

Post by Winstanley94 »

Tycho wrote:
Recently I have heard that the newer models have had problems with cracking barrels and even been boycotted by some of the better rapid fire teams e.g. Germany
Ah, that is asking for sources. Must be why Christian Reitz and Ralf Schumann and almost everybody else are using late model Pardinis for RF.
Exactly, I've heard the older models are ok but need to know before buying a new one if these are serious problems due to the high costs, everything else is ok but getting hold of an old barrel or in fact a whole old pistol is a problem as living in an island, no one else here has ever had a Pardini SPRF in the island as far as I know.
Winstanley94

Post by Winstanley94 »

Tycho wrote:

Also when you say late models do you mean the older ones or the newer ones. Can see how "late" could mean either, later as in later years or later as in older models?
rmca

Post by rmca »

I would dare to say that because you couldn't find any sources for your stories, and by the way the others responded, that it would be pretty safe to buy a new one.

If there was something catastrophically wrong with the most common pistol used by top shooters all around the world (in RF), it would be known by now.

Next time just ask for reliability issues, or opinions on the pistol, instead for making affirmations you can't prove or find online.

Best wishes
Winstanley94

Post by Winstanley94 »

Ok, thank you guys, might go with it! Never had to deal with Pardini myself due to highly reliable and nothing going majorly wrong with my SP.

If this fear of cracked barrel was found, does anybody know how good Pardini are with customer service? e.g. sorting problems and replacement etc.
Winstanley94

Post by Winstanley94 »

rmca wrote:I would dare to say that because you couldn't find any sources for your stories, and by the way the others responded, that it would be pretty safe to buy a new one.

If there was something catastrophically wrong with the most common pistol used by top shooters all around the world (in RF), it would be known by now.

Next time just ask for reliability issues, or opinions on the pistol, instead for making affirmations you can't prove or find online.

Best wishes
My SP is very reliable, only the slower ammo such as Eley Pistol Match (although it doesn't seem to like any eley that much) and other slower burning rounds, i.e the ones I would like to be using for the rapid fire have cycling problems due to the low power and stronger recoil spring I am using for reduced recoil not having the power to push the heavier bolt. I would assume with the lighter bolt on the SPRF that this should not be such an issue. Also slightly larger bore to increase escaping gas and reduce recoil should allow easier entry in to the breach. The pistol should work with these hopefully especially with a safe full of expensive stuff that could only be used for first shot training but is too expensive for just that.

Anybody else have any opinions on this?

Thank you for your time!
K38

Post by K38 »

How are you getting a cracked barrel in a .22? My SP has been 100% reliable with RWS ammo. Sounds like a fish story to me. Were is Don N. (of blessed memory) when you need him.

DLB
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

Someone did post a pic of a badly peened Pardini barrel a while back.

This one in fact

It probably wouldn't take much more to start to split off bits.
Last edited by JamesH on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
jliston48

Post by jliston48 »

Winstanley94 wrote:If this fear of cracked barrel was found, does anybody know how good Pardini are with customer service? e.g. sorting problems and replacement etc.
An interesting tactic you use (reminiscent of the tabloid press):
To assert that there was a problem ("cracked barrels")
Then refuse to identify your sources
Finally, to keep the issue alive, you quote your unsubstantiated original assertion in a question about customer service.

Remember that YOU were the one who started this "fear ..."

No respondent seems to be aware of the "problem" you have invented. As an owner of a late model Pardini, I would implore you to identify your source - then we may all get some sleep!
K38

Post by K38 »

I have two Pardini .22 barrels I picked up along the way. They are, as far as I can tell, brand new. They did not cost me much so I hopped on them. Is there anyone out there that can help me identify which Model Pardini they go with? Although the SP has got to be the easiest gun to field strip in the whole world, you can't take the barrel out without a press (I Think). If someone could email or PM me and I'll take some pictures and measurements and send them off. I will also keep one for anyone who really does have a cracked Pardini barrel.

Dwight

Veritas et Humanitas
Winstanley94

Post by Winstanley94 »

jliston48 wrote:
Winstanley94 wrote:If this fear of cracked barrel was found, does anybody know how good Pardini are with customer service? e.g. sorting problems and replacement etc.
An interesting tactic you use (reminiscent of the tabloid press):
To assert that there was a problem ("cracked barrels")
Then refuse to identify your sources
Finally, to keep the issue alive, you quote your unsubstantiated original assertion in a question about customer service.

Remember that YOU were the one who started this "fear ..."

No respondent seems to be aware of the "problem" you have invented. As an owner of a late model Pardini, I would implore you to identify your source - then we may all get some sleep!
You as have so many others on this thread have misread my question. I am not claiming that they have had problems. I was told by someone I know that there may be problems. The whole idea of this post is asking for sources or if anyone else has heard of anything as I don't have any myself. Everyone is asking for my source when in fact the original post clearly shows I have non and am seeking them.
xtreme

Post by xtreme »

This may be just confusion of cracked SLIDES on some EARLIER Pardini SP.

Google for cracked barrell Pardini RF comes up with just this thread as the source reference.
Winstanley94. The source of the rumour is yourself.
Just buy one and you will be happy with it.
Winstanley94

Post by Winstanley94 »

xtreme wrote:This may be just confusion of cracked SLIDES on some EARLIER Pardini SP.

Google for cracked barrell Pardini RF comes up with just this thread as the source reference.
Winstanley94. The source of the rumour is yourself.
Just buy one and you will be happy with it.
have heard enough to satisfy me, that wasn't the confusion, and the source is not my self, actually from a commonwealth rapid fire shooter although I have now heard enough to not believe this!